Mobile-Friendly websites are
more important than ever to your business.
Contact Us For Your Mobile Website!
A mobile-friendly website is critical to your business. The typical consumer in the U.S. spends approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes on a mobile device each day. These users conduct their lives on mobile devices. Consider that 87 percent of Facebook’s one billion daily users are on mobile, it’s obvious that we’ve already arrived at the mobile era.
Mobile-friendly websites attract more visits.
You don’t need any more stats, because mobile phone usage is all around you. So it only makes sense that your business website needs to be mobile-friendly. You would be amazed though, how many local sites are still not mobile-friendly.
Last April, Google rolled out a new direction that looked at all websites to assess whether they were responsive for mobile devices.. Websites which passed were then favored in searches conducted on mobile phones.
Mobile Web Trends and Statistics
Mobile devices have changed the way people research, browse, buy, and transact on the Web. Here are some stats from around the Web that paint a picture of the mobile commerce landscape:
- Mobile web adoption is growing eight times faster than web adoption did in the 1990’s and early 2000’s.
- Fifty-nine percent of U.S. smartphone owners have used their devices to research an item before purchasing it, compared to 65 percent for tablet owners.
- Mobile devices will account for 30 percent of global retail e-commerce spending by 2018, up from 15 percent in 2013.
- The importance of ecommerce on mobile devices is further reinforced by the fact that 35 percent of visitors to the most popular e-commerce sites only access those Web sites from mobile devices.
- Eighty percent of mobile users’ purchasing decisions are influenced by the mobile channel, even though they may not use their devices to complete the final purchase.
Mobile Media Time Is Now Greater Than Desktop and Other Media
Mobile digital media time in the US is now significantly higher at 51% compared to desktop (42%).